August 11, 2010

Whiff of Joy Challenge # 85...Door Hanger...Fun in the Sun!

Hey crafty friends! Glad you could pop by for the new Challenge we have at the Whiff of Joy Challenge blog! We would like to see just how creative you can get....we would like you to make a fun door hanger! Just remember you need to use a Whiff of Joy image to be eligible for any prize that we may be offering up! The WOJC DT has such gorgeous and creative ideas for you!!! I am sure you will be inspired to join the fun!!!

So here is my door hanger...there is a little story to go along with this creation...well, as you know we have been on several camping trips this summer...so on our trip to Arrowhead Provincial Park we stopped at a cute Cottage/beachy type shop and both Hannah and I ended up getting theses adorable flip flops...we got the same ones except mine are brown and black.




aren't they cute...well, When I saw the little chipboard hanger that they were on I knew I had the perfect use for it too! I love using beautiful clothing tags and re-purposing package for my crafty creations.

So I covered the chipboard in pp from the Pink Paislee Queen Bee paper pad and sanded all the the edges with my hand dandy BasicGrey Precision file set. It really comes in handy to get into the tight spots. I then coloured up this adorable image of Henry basking in the sun with a cool adult beverage in "paw",lol! I made the little panel from Colorbok cardstock and cut two and glued them together to make it a little more sturdy. I hung it with some ribbon from the hanger and I punched all the holes with my Crop-A-Dile...even the ones in the very thick chipbord hanger...could not live without my Crop-A-Dile!!!!


I used my bow easy for the first time...well, I have attempted it before but with no luck! So, I looked up a video on YouTube and plunked down in front of the computer and followed along step by step! YAY! I finally have me a bow easy bow...well two in fact!!! I embellished with a few Prima flowers, and pearls and printed the message on the computer. The top sentiment "Fun in the Sun" is from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

Well, I am really happy how this turned out...I have to confess this is not my front door...mine doesn't look that good, he, he,he! So, I drove over to my mom and dad's to take the pic. Well, my Dad even loved this little creation of mine! He called me to ask where I put it, after I left his place and I said I brought it home with me...he was so disappointed! I think he really likes little Henry.

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my door hanger...I hope you can join us at the Whiff of Joy Challenge!

Happy Stampin'!!!


11 comments:

Ingrid said...

What a fabulous idea on this theme! I love it how you worked it out. And those flip-flop are cute indeed. I like to recycle things too, gives me such a good feeling :-) Hope I can join you again this week at WOJ.
Hugs Ingrid

Kylie said...

What a cute idea!! I love the little door hanger - and teh cute flip flops :) (In Australia we call them thongs, no idea why!!) Your little Henry is adorable.
Hugs
Kylie

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Tara and so beautifully embellished!
Clairex

Paula (PEP) said...

This is so delightful & I was so so encouraged when I saw your posting with all the pics & info. I was terribly afraid I'd been too long-winded with mine. Actually it's the family details that make the difference & I loved hearing about your Dad.
Much love
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I giggled when I read that your dad wanted to know where you put it, LOL, now you need to make him one. I really love this Tara, what a really great idea. We have a pool and this would be so awesome. I think I'm going to have to borrow this idea. And I love that you used the hanger from your flip flops!!! Very clever!

Hugs,
Wendy

p.s. I used my bow easy for the 1st time on my project too!! LOL So fun once you get it figured out isn't it?

Kim said...

Tara this is absolutely gorgeous hun! I LOVE how you reused the packaging from the sandals...such a brilliant idea hun! Henry looks amazing and what a fun doorhanger...I think I need to make one of these for my mom and dad with their pool! :) So cute that your Dad loved the hanger...guess Henry will have a wonderful home! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Jane said...

I love the design of this hun, the recycled hanger looks amazing - such a brilliant idea! gorgeous colouring and details too! hugs, Jane xxx

Manuela said...

Hi Tara! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. You'll welcome to copy my idea if your daughter like it. :) It's a compliment to me that someone like it so much that wants to copy it. :)
Your door hanger also looks so cute! Great and unique idea to recycle flip flops packaging. :)

Hugs,
Manuelaa

Riet said...

Wowwww Tara,this is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Georgia said...

Wow Tara, these are so fabulous! I love your gorgeous door hanger, Henry looks so cute and the flip-flops are fab! :) Love, Georgia xx

Maria said...

What a clever idea Tara and it turned out awesome! Hugs, Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails