November 17, 2010

Whiff of Joy Challenges # 92...A sketch by Me and WOJ Challenges DT Call!

Photobucket
Good morning crafty friends! I hope you're all having a great week so far! It is Wednesday my fave day as it is almost the weekend,lol! It is also time for a fun challenge over at Whiff Of Joy Challenges and this week we have a sketch by little ol' me, eekkk, hope you like it! I hope you can join us and give my sketch a go! Please visit the WOJC DT as they all have gorgeous creations sure to inspire you! Remember to please use a WOJ stamp to be eligible for the prize.

Here is my sketch....



Now, on a sad note, I have decided it is time to stepped down from the WOJ challenges DT and this challenge is my last DT Challenge but I am sure not my last WOJ challenge.  I have soooooo enjoyed my time on the WOJ Challenges team, with such a fabulous and talented group of ladies! So,  we are having a WOJC DT call to add to the team...so why not join in just add the letters DT after your name!
Photobucket
 I have had this idea for this card for a while as I really wanted to use Business Willow with these Melissa Frances rub-ons. I thought this would be a great card for a friend who just landed the dream job or big promotion at work. So for my card, I pulled out my beloved Echo Park Life is Good pp and I stamped up Business Willow and coloured her with my Copics.

I made a crinkled seam binding bow with seam binding I dyed and crinkled myself. It was originally white Hug Snug seam binding but I spritzed it with water and Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mist (you might want to wear gloves unless you like having red fingers,smile). Then I crinkled it all up in a ball and squished it into the corner of a plastic sandwich bag, secured it with an elastic band and let it sit overnight. The next day, I took it out and let it air dry as it was still a bit damp and there you have it....crinkled seam binding...super easy! Really you only need to get white seam binding if you have a large selection of Glimmer Mist and you can dye your own in any colour. I also added a few Prima flowers and some half pearls here and there.

Here is the inside sentiment...
Photobucket

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card! I hope you get some crafty time over the next two weeks and can join us at the WOJ Challenges....try my sketch and enter the DT call!

Have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,

6 comments:

heidy said...

Stunning card Tara,Love it
Hugs Heidy

Manuela said...

Amazing card, Tara! ♥ And such a sad news that you are stepping down from your DT position. :(

Hugs,
⋆Manuela⋆

Renkata said...

Hi Tara,
beautiful sketch and such a great card dear.

Giò said...

Hi Tara!!! I love your card and your sketch too!!! Thanks for it!
Huge hugs dear.
Giò

Jane said...

Oh I love this hun, the sentiments are so perfect with her and stunning details as always. Loved your sketch and am so going to miss you! hugs, Jane xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Thought you had rather a lot on your plate. Love that ribbon threaded lace across the top & that gloriously decorated inside. I had to laugh - I have had red fingers today - with white resist & Barn Door Red!
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails