April 06, 2011

Simon Says Stamp Challenge...Spring Colours/Easter...You are my Sunshine!


 Photobucket

Happy hump day, Stampin' friends! It's that time again...time for another fun challenge at Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog! This week the DT is featuring Magnolia Stamps and the challenge is Spring Colours/Easter. We would love to see your Magnolia creations but it is not a requirement of the challenge! Thanks to all that joined us for our challenge last week with Domi's gorgeous sketch! Once again we had absolutely fabulous entries.


And as always, Heidi has generously offered up a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore...there are so many fabulous and gorgeous craft and stampin' supplies in the superstore!!! I know you will have no trouble spending the $50 in the superstore...so why not join us and see if you are the lucky random winner of the prize this week!

Photobucket
So for my card this week, I used this adorable stamp called Tilda with stuffed Animal she is my fave I think, from the Butterfly Dreams collection! I coloured her with my Copics and cut her out and I also stamped and coloured the Magnolia Floral background stamp, cut it out and matted it on AC cardstock and then I adhered Tilda to the image. I added lots of Stickles to really make it sparkle. I made my easel card from Kraft cardstock and used this gorgeous new Echo Park Co. Springtime paper that I got at Simon Says Stamp Superstore. I cut the scalloped borders with my MFT Simply Scalloped Die-namics Die. The ribbon is from my stash and I added some Pink Prima Painterly and Blue Prima Painterly flowers with BasicGrey Painted brads. To finish it off I added some pink gems here and there. The sentiment on the top of the card is from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps from Kimmie's Beachy Sentiment set. The bottom sentiment is from Magnolia and I used my new MFT Die-namics Sweet Stack set.... oh, I love,love, love the sweet stack die set. I added an extra circle by cutting some patterned paper with a circle punch.

Photobucket

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my Simon says Stamp Challenge card. The Simon Says DT have really out done themselves this week and have made absolutely stunning Maggie creations!!! Please pay them a visit and leave them some love and then I hope you can join the challenge this week!!!

Happy Stampin'!!!
Hugs,



17 comments:

Edel said...

Amazing card!:)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. The background is faboulous.
Francy

Ingrid said...

What a lovely soft colors and I really like those green hills!
Hope I can play along :-)
hugs Ing

Renkata said...

hi Tara
this is sensational scene.
Very beautifly coloured and amazing layout.

heidy said...

Hi Tara,this is gorgeous!!
Hugs Heidy

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Tara :-) I love the image and all the colours and beautiful embellies are lovely,, fabulous sparkle and the layered sentiment is fabulous ,, I need to go and check out the Die set !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Kirsty said...

Hi she is so bright. The scene you have created here so many wonderful details. Kitty:D

Marja Sch said...

Wow such a wonderful card. Hugs Marja

Janine - Ellabella said...

wow - your colouring is FABULOUS! Love the image and you have definitely brought it to life! Gorgeous card! Janine

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Tara, wonderful Tilda and details.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

Gorgeous Tara - simply stunning combination of colours and papers - still haven't mastered this yet!!! The beautifully coloured Tilda is adorable, love the cute lamb and that stacked sentiment is awesome!!

hugs
Heather xx

Jane said...

Wow! this is absolutely amazing hun! gorgeous colours and details and stunning colouring! hugs, Jane x

Hanna said...

A true piece of beauty, Tara! Totally AMAZING! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colours, they're so gorgeous, there's no one who can mix and match colours and papers like you can sweetie! Ans the way you put your papers together ----- BREATHTAKING! Such an AWESOME design! So many fab layers, and I love ALL of them! Too lovely for words.

hugs,
Hanna

CraftyC said...

Wow, its gorgeous Tara. So colourful and amazing detail!
Clairex

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the way you've used that background stamp & the way Tilda is stepping out of the picture almost. The colours are lovely for this time of year to. Hopefully our phone lines are now fixed so that I'll be back to my usual commenting. Have a lovely weekend.
Paula (PEP)

Lorraine said...

What a gorgeous easel card! I love the soft & bright colors, your coloring of that adorable Tilda and the scene you created!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous spring card, Tara! I love the bright fun colors you used and the embellies are perfect :)
*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails