December 13, 2011

BasicGrey Challenges #59...My Favorite Things Stamps...PI Snowman cards!

Photobucket
Hey stampin' friends! Just wanted to share 2 more Christmas cards! I made these for the Anything Goes Challenge # 59 over at BasicGrey Challenges! I needed a couple masculine cards, one for a co-worker and one for Kieran's teacher. My MFT Pure Innocence Holiday Hugs Snowman was perfect! He also makes such quick cards as there is not much colouring and I can quickly paper piece his hat and scarf. I used my BasicGrey Nordic Holiday papers and buttons for both cards. I also cut out several hearts with my Hearts of Plenty Die-namics from corrugated cardboard and painted the edges with Picket Fence Crackle Distress paint. I cut a few Snowflakes with the Let it Snow Die-namics from Cork material. I sewed the buttons on with some fussy twine from my stash. I also used my Icicles Border Die-namics die and stamped the sentiment on cardstock cut with the ribbon die from the First Palce Award Ribbon Die-namics.
Photobucket
For my second card I cut the image out with my rectangle Nesties and inked with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. I used the Open Scalloped Border Die-namics and I stamped a sentiment from the PI Snowboard Boy set on some kraft cardstock cut with the Dog Tag Die-namics die.

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at more Christmas cards.

Hugs,



SUPPLIES:





4 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

These are both fabulous Tara!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Heather said...

Hi Tara, I'm still writing to Email your reply - will get there before too long!!!
Both you cards are stunning, fabulous design, colours and I lobe the image - the green colour's out fell in love with me!!!
love and hugs
Heather xx
Thanks to join us of course!!!

Bobby said...

I won't use the word "lovely", but instead.. very "cool", perfect for giving to a couple of boys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails