October 06, 2012

My Favorite Things Stamps...World Cardmaking Day....You're Sweet!

Photobucket

Hello Stampin' Friends! My Favorite Things is celebrating World Cardmaking Day by sharing cards  from the MFT Designers with you! Today is a day to celebrate hand made cards and the personal connections they create between family and friends. It's also a great day to get together with our stamping friends!

We hope you can join us for some stamping time today. Most of the MFT Design Team will be stamping at some point in time today. We will be popping in and out of the SCS forum thread, here, throughout the day to chat.
Need a little inspiration to get started today? Our WSC sketches are a fabulous starting point for creating cards. You will find all the WSC Sketches at this link.

MFT Wed. Sketch Challenge Master List

You still have time to participate in our current WSC Sketch. You could be the winner of a $20.00 Gift Voucher. Win $20 in MFT Products - Sketch #91 - Sept. 26-Oct. 2.

Have you created a card for our Guest Designer Contest? The deadline is quickly approaching and you don't want to miss out on your chance at this fabulous prize!Win Over $200 in MFT Products! Be the Next MFT Guest Designer! - October.

Photobucket

For my card today I took the opportunity to make a special card for my friend's, daughter, Olivia, for her 7th birthday. I also thought it would be a good opportunity to use the MFTWSC80 sketch that I missed out on and used it as a jumping off point. I ended up making a few changes and moving the sentiment but for the most part I think you can still see the sketch in there.

I inked up the super cute PI Being Cute is What I Do and used these gorgeous MME, The Sweetest Things - Honey 6x6 paper pad. I coloured the PI girl with my Copics and paper pieced her outfit. I coloured in some grass with my Prismacolor Pencils and cut the image out with my Rectangle STAX Die-namics and inked with Spun Sugar and Antique Linen Distress ink. I used my Small Simply Scallop Border Die-namics and layered it with a Simply Scallop Border too. I also cut pretty rolled roses from English Rose MFT Felt and leaves from Whisper Grey Felt. I stamped a sentiment from the PI Honey Bee stamp set on white card, cut it out with one of the Mini Tab dies from the, Mini Tab Foursome Die-namics.

Photobucket
 Here is the inside of my card. I stamped the PI Being Cute girl again and made a sentiment panel with the Polka Dot Greetings label and the ribbon die from the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics and added a few more Fishtail Flags. I stamped a sentiment from the PI Being Cute stamp set and the Happy Birthday and XOXO are from the PI All Occasions Sentiment set.

Well, thanks SO much for stopping by and having a wee peek at the card that I made for the MFT celebration of World Cardmaking Day! I hope you can get some stamping or cardmaking time today and please join us over at the SCS forum too where the MFT Designers will be popping by to chat!

Happy World Cardmaking Day!!!
Hugs,


SUPPLIES:




2 comments:

Sara I. said...

Wow...just wow. I love the papers and fabulous lace..the felt roses are just the icing on the cake. Simply amazing! xx

zehra said...

Wow, what a beautiful card , love it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails