July 03, 2013

Saturated Canary Challenge # 46...Picture Perfect Birthday!

 photo SCTourtistHBblueB_edited-1RS2_zps9328d3ca.jpg

Hey stampin' friends! I made this card for my daughter Hannah's 14th birthday today! I can hardly believe she is 14 years old! We went to the Mandarin for a late lunch and then went bowling...lots of FUN! 

So, I thought I would join the challenge over at the the Saturated Canary Challenge # 46...Summer Fruits...(to use paper with fruit or fruit as inspiration for colour combo). My mom is from Northern Ontario and summer fruits instantly made me think of the stories she tells of her childhood summers spent blueberry picking...nothing like wild blueberries!

 photo SCTouristHBblue_edited-1RS1_zps253c4898.jpg

So, for my card I used Authentique 6x6 paper pad called Journey and coloured up this cutie, the Tourist, she SO reminds me of my Hannah! I LOVE these pretty flowers from the Blueprints 3 and I added a few Berrylicious Buttons tied with hemp cord. I also added some silvery glittery "flags" cut with the Chalkboard Frame Builder Die-namics.

 photo SCTouristHBBlueD_edited-1RS4_zpsfc0168d9.jpg

I stamped the sentiment from the PI Birthday Girl Stamps set with Steel Blue Premium Dye Ink. I cut the tickets with the little ticket die-namics form Blueprints 3 from MFT Primitive Cream Heavyweight Card Stock. 

 photo SCTouristHBBlueC_edited-1RS1_zps2534fb42.jpg

Here is the inside...I stamped this sentiment from the PI Little Shutterbug Stamp set. I added another pretty flower with a Berrylicious Button. 

Thanks SO much for stopping by and having a wee peek at the birthday card that I made for Hannah!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous!!! Mojo is right where you left it!!! :) :) ;)
GREAT coloring!! :) :) I hope she LOVES it!!! Have a Happy 4th!!
~~Nicole~~

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! Love all the layers and texture. Beautiful creation as always!

Alina said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter, Tara!
your card is simply fabulous, as always!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Tara! Your coloring is AMAZING and I LOVE all the layers! So much beautiful eye candy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails