October 20, 2013

BasicGrey Challenges #106 & My Favorite Things Stamps...ALM...You're My Cup of Tea!


Hey stampin' friends! Hope you had a great weekend! I was rather productive :)...gave the house a good cleaning yesterday and then headed on over to ScrapFest in Oshawa for some retail therapy. It was great to do a little shopping and see some blogland/crafty friends. I saw Tracey,  and we had a lovely little chat.  Then I made some time today to get crafty and decided to join the BasicGrey Challenges # 106 Food and or Drink. It was the perfect opportunity to crack open my BasicGrey 25th and Pine 6X6 paper pad and make another Christmas card!
 


I used my MFT Blueprints 8  and followed the sketch in the bottom right corner...with a few adjustments.

 photo BG106BP8sketch_edited-1RS1_zpsdaf4bce1.jpg

I made my card 5X5 from Kraft cardstock and used MFT Replenishment Heavyweight Card Stock in Red Hot, Bubblegum Pink, Sno Cone, Sweet Tooth and Gumdrop Green.

 I love using this sweet A´ La Modes You're My Cup of Tea for Christmas cards...I just think she looks SO festive. I coloured her with my Copics and paper pieced her outfit and giant cup of tea. I cut the image out with the Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-namics, the put the image back in the die to use it as a stencil and inked with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I used my NEW Blueprints 8 for this card and the Blueprints Sketch PDF was perfect to make this card come together super fast...Blueprints are going to make Christmas card making a breeze this year...LOVE Blueprints!

 photo BG106BP8sketchF_edited-1RS6_zpse9eac4aa.jpg

I stamped one of the sentiments from the ALM You're My Cup of Tea in Red Hot Premium Dye Ink on Sweet Tooth Heavyweight Card Stock cut with the ribbon die from the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics...I added the little holly leaves from the Christmas Ornaments Die-namics and the small circle dies from Blueprints 5 for the berries. I also stamped a wee heart on the tea bag tag with one of the Heart stamp from Coupons Book - Love Stamp set with Paver Red Premium Dye Ink
 photo BG106BP8sketchE_edited-1RS5_zps8f0623d2.jpg

Here is the inside...I stamped a shadow image of the ALM You're My Cup of Tea girl in Bubblegum Pink Premium Dye Ink and used the NEW Cheerful Christmas Greetings Stamp set for the sentiment...LOVE this set and I know I'll be using it a lot for my Christmas cards. I stamped the sentiment with Red Hot Premium Dye Ink.

Well, thanks SO much for stopping by today and havin' a wee peek at my ALM You're My Cup of Tea card for the BasicGrey Challenges # 106...Food and or Drink.



   

11 comments:

Tracey said...

It was absolutely fabulous to see you yesterday Tara!!! Love this card! Gorgeous papers and colours!! xx

Jackie Pedro said...

L.O.V.E. this, Tara!

Inge Groot said...

Stunning card Tara, love the colors you've used and the paperpieced striped cup.... so CUTE!

annemarie said...

gorgeous card Tara

hugs Annemarie

Amy Rohl said...

I should know my jaw will automatically drop upon arrival at your blog...today's no different, girl! LOVE those papers!

Janine - Ellabella said...

Ohhhhh what a sweet image... just tooo cute, love it!
You made a very wonderfull card creation with it

Gr Janine

Jo Nevill said...

Stunning as always Tara. Loving the new BG papers, got those on my shopping list and I love the MFT stamp you used !

Thank you for joining us at BG Challenges, it is great to see you with us again.

Love 'n' hugs

Jo x

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous!! Love all of the paper piecing !!
You have such patience for it!! I have to admit... it's not my fave technique as I run out of patience.. LOL!! :) :)
Love this fab card!! xo

Heather said...

Hi Tara G, a stunning card - I love your colour scheme and gorgeous papers. Your paper pieced image is fabulous and great details. Your layering is wonderful both front and inside!!!

hugs
Heather xx
......and thanks so much for joining Basic Grey Challenge

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely in love with this one. The pink and red cardstock looks so pretty with that paper. Her pieced dress and cup are fabulous. :)

Julie said...

Hey Tara! This is wonderful, love the retro BG papers - on my wish list! Fab colours and attention to detail too! Thanks for joining us over at BG Challenges, hugs Juliexx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails