July 03, 2014

All Dressed Up Stamps...All Dressed Up # 17, CTD # 299 & Sketch Saturday # 316...Love to Shop!


Hey stampin' friends! I made this birthday card for my daughter, Hannah! Today she turned 15 years old and I can hardly believe it! Every year I make her a special birthday card but this year I had to pick an image that was a little more grown up, a little bit more age appropriate. Something fitting for a 15 year old...eeekkkk!!!! I LOVE the Wendy Burns - All Dressed Up girls and this image called Love to Shop was perfect for Hannah's card! I'm entering this card in 3 challenges...Color Throwdown # 299, Sketch Saturday # 316 and All Dressed Up # 17...to use your favourite All Dressed Up image.

http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.ca/2014/07/color-throwdown-299.html

I went looking for some colour inspiration and this CTD299 swatch was perfect...Hannah will love this colour combo!
I used MFT Replenishments Heavyweight Card Stock in Razzle Berry, Blu Raspberry and Whip Cream
http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.ca/2014/06/week-316-with-all-dressed-up.html
Then I needed a sketch...they have a great sketch over at Sketch Saturday #316...and All Dressed Up just happens to be the sponsor this week with a fabulous All Dressed Up Prize! I flipped the sketch, took some liberties and added a few more layers and embellies...I just couldn't resist ;)

  photo CTD299ADU17_edited-1RS1_zpsada5e6b0.jpg

I made the cardbase 6X6 from Kraft cardstock and used BasicGrey Fresh Cut 6x6 papers and matted in MFT Replenishments Heavyweight Card Stock in Razzle Berry, Blu Raspberry and Whip Cream. I used a few more layers of papers than the sketch called for but I couldn't resist the pretty BG Fresh Cut papers. I cut the tag for the long panel with the Pierced Traditional Tags STAX and instead of a star I added a few hearts cut with the Staggered Heart Border Die-namics cut from some sparkly cardstock.

  photo CTD299ADU17B_edited-1RS2_zpsc50941ce.jpg

I printed the sweet All Dressed Up - Love to Shop Digi image and coloured it up with my Copics, cut the image out with the Bracket Mini Album STAX Die-namics and left the image in the die and inked with Spun Sugar and Lipstick Pink Distress ink. To embellish I added a few YNS Gumdrops and some pink AC Hemp Cord.

  photo CTD299ADU17C_edited-1RS3_zpsf429d327.jpg

I finished the inside of the card too...I added a shadow image of one of the Love to Shop girls and stamped a sentiment from the MFT WBD Cupcake Cutie Stamp set, stamped in Blu Raspberry Premium Dye Ink on Whip Cream Heavyweight Card Stock cut out with the Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX.

Thanks SO much for stopping by and having a wee peek at the card I made for Hannah's 15th Birthday and for the Color Throwdown Challenge # 299, Sketch Saturday Challenge # 316 and the All Dressed Up Challenge # 17...use your favourite All Dressed Up image.



   

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Tara! Wonderful colours and colouring! Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up! :o)

Tracy said...

On my this is gorgeous! I love all the colours ans the inside is fantastic.
Thank you for joining us at All Dressed Up x

Niki Rowland said...

Wow what an amazing card! The colours are gorgeous and I love all the die cut detail. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

Tracey said...

What a fabulous girlie card Tara!! Love the colours and all of the little details!! xx

Alina said...

gorgeous, Tara, I love every square centimeter of your card!!!!!!!!!

Vickie Z said...

Eeeks....how adorable!! Fabulous coloring! Thxs for playing at CTD!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Tara. Love the way you used the colors... so fun ans sassy! Those hearts are so sweet! Great layers outside and inside!

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW! This is gorgeous - inside and out - and filled with so many great details! Such a special card for your daughter! Happy to see you joining us again at Color Throwdown!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for playing along over at All Dressed Up challenge - "Favourite All Dressed Up Image”!

Just loved your creation, and hope to see you back here next time!

DT - Keeley Ainsworth
All Dressed Up
x x x

Rita Edwards - Edwards Design said...

Just spotted your card and love how you colored your sweet images and how you created the entire card. Thank you for joining us at All Dressed Up! Hugs, Rita DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails